Friday, June 10, 2011

Mid Century Drink Day!!

So today is Friday the end of another work week and that in itself makes me deserving of a cocktail. ;)  This weeks drink is one that almost everyone has either had or heard of....The Whiskey Sour.  Why the Whiskey Sour...so I make it in my new cocktail shaker of course...and it has the recipe right on it...how handy!  I picked this cool shaker up at the thrift a couple of weeks ago.  I have a hard time leaving bar stuff behind...

I almost think I should have made a Daiquiri...I love the dancing lady.

So this one is a pretty simple recipe:  3.4oz Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Sugar, 1 1/2 oz Whiskey;  Shake with fine ice and add an orange slice.
Here is all the ingredients

If you have never used a shaker without a lid, you can easily use the bottom cup of another for a makeshift top.  Just make sure you have a good hold on it...I have sadly had an incident in the past...oops.

Looks like it has a jaunty little hat.

Tada! Finished Product!

VERDICT:  Ok a little too sour for me...but I doctored it to suit myself.(You can't waste it!)  I squeezed the rest of the orange into the glass, added 2 oz of Tonic, and another 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.

Note to self....next time take the orange slice off before drinking...I took my first sip and it slid around the edge and smacked me in the face!  LOL. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Ciao 

Becca

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I like thrifting bar stuff too, nice to have the recipes on the shaker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...