Monday, May 23, 2011

The weekend with two Sundays...

This weekend I had Friday off so I was able to go to the first day of a local estate sale...this was the first time I have actually been able to do that!  Yippee!  So the sale started at 9am and I had plan to get there early but time got away from me....I left the house about 8:30.  Luckily my friend was going to the sale with me and we were meeting there so she got there early and put our names on the list....meanwhile I was driving like a demon to get there.  It was a fight again time the whole drive LOL.
At the first traffic light I checked the GPS on my phone…I was 15 minutes away…and the sale started in 15 minutes.  Eek!  After a lot of speeding, and passing…I was making time (only a minute or two), but then got stopped by a light.  I was on the edge of my seat the whole way…but I finally made it and barely before the doors opened (they opened as I was walking up!).  There was quite a few people there about 20-25ish and it was a VERY small house so a LOT of mad grabbin’ was going on.  Let just say it was an interesting experience…a little too much rudeness for me…I got bumped a gazillion times and elbowed once or twice (not cool), but if I ever want to “pick” full time I need to toughin up.  I’m the person that gets stuck holding the door outside the restaurant because I don’t want to shut the door on anyone.  And that trait left me slowly trailing behind people…which sucked because I saw three or four things I wanted snatched up right in front of me.  BUT! I did manage to get my hands on a couple things…..
Metallic purses (a dollar a piece!)

Cool leather card carried with score pad (a whopping 3 bucks)
The (awesome) day off really messed with me the rest of the weekend....I kept thinking that Saturday was Sunday....Me and Mr. Honey went back to the same estate sale on Sunday...er...Saturday.  Just to see if there was anything I missed...and I got this great drink rack for a buck! and it fits my bar glasses perfectly!



On the way back home we stopped at a local antique mall to check out a retro booth that has been advertised on craigslist....Once we hit it I was ready to go...but Mr. Honey was like...we might as well see it all.  Yes that is right a guy that wants to look at antiques!  It is not a myth.  We even found some stuff for him!  We got these really cool beer bottle openers.

JAX beer, Ballantine beer, and a cool spinner

This one is my favorite!  The little dot is depressed so it spins. Spin to see who pays.

So that is my haul!  How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet rack! lol. I love it when I find things I can actually use

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...