Friday, September 30, 2011

Mid Century Drink Day - Bar Aid #46

So it is Friday evening...time for a cocktail.  This post tonight is going to be short and sweet.  I picked a number randomly from the jar......#46 Jamaica Ginger.


Awesomely enough, I had everything for this drink...which was a good thing!  It has been a tedious day and I really didn't feel like running to the store so I might have had to put the number back and fish for another


RECIPE:  2/3 Jamaica Rum, 1/3 Grenadine, 3 dashes each Maraschino and Curacao, 1 dash Angostura Bitters.  Shake well with ice, Strain into glass.


Lets get started....

 Oh if you ever see one of these out and about I would pick it up.  This little guy is super convenient for drinks like this with a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio.  One side is marked a Jigger 1.5oz and the other a pony .75oz, makes measuring a breeze!

So once I have it all in the cocktail shaker.....SHAKE, SHAKE, POUR!


There you go a nice looking drink.

VERDICT - Yummy.  I would definitely drink this again..  While it does have a nice spice to it, I'm not sure why it is called a Jamaica Ginger. 


Oh and is it weird that I have cocktail glasses that match my curtains? Ha!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Becca

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...