Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Dream House...sigh

So I mentioned in my last post that my husband and I are saving for our own home.  Now finding that ONE house that has everything you want can be difficult, and usually when you do it is out of your price range.  For us the task is a little more tricky.  I have lived in Jacksonville my entire life, so I'm familiar with most neighborhoods...and I know that I don't want to live anywhere else other than the riverside/avondale area where we currently are.  Riverside is just awesome....great people, great restaurants, and great atmosphere....having two breweries within walking distance is kind of awesome too!  The only down side to the house search is that since this is a historic area finding that 1960s dream house isn't happening...most of the homes are pre-1930.  So you can imagine my joy when I read an article about a Mid Century home a couple miles from our place.  YES YES YES...and then I saw the price tag.(Listing)  Well crap.  I can dream right!  Take a look a this place below and dream with me.












7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yes, that is a sexy house. Half a million dollars...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place! I can understand why it's your dream home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep checking the listing to see if it has sold...when it does I'm going to cry. :(

      Delete
  3. Gawd! I checked out the listing... Even the address structure is amazing! And that mint green sink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I'm currently having a thing for mint/seafoam green too!

      Delete
  4. I feel yah! Finding a house is difficult, then throw in your specifics and forget it! I unfortunately had to let go of my mid-century modern dream home when we purchased our first home 3 years ago, but dang it, our next purchase will be it! Well, I hope anyway...;)

    Oh my gawd.....drooling over here. Yes, I will take it! What a beauty!!

    Good luck and of course keep us updated. It's so daunting, but exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...