Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mid Century Drink Day! Let's spin that wheel...Bar Aid #43


That is right...it has been a while since I've had a mid century cocktail, sadly.  So I decided it was high time to make one from my Bar Aid cocktail spinner again (after seeing another Bar Aid over on a Thriftables thrift share post).  Let's pull a number shall we....

#43  Gunga Din



Here is the recipe in case it is hard to read in the photo:

GUNGA DIN

3/4 Dry Gin
1/4 Dry Vermouth
1 slice pineapple
Juice of 1/4 Orange
Shake well with ice & strain

I quickly gather my supplies....since I have everything on hand (YES!!)

The fruit
Muddle said fruit...take the frustration of the day out on it!
You have been muddled, sir
Measure out your liquor and add to your shaker along with ice
Shake, Shake, Shake
Strain into a chilled glass
#43 Gunga Din
VERDICT: Quite tasty! I was surprised! I usually like more sweeter drinks than dry, but this was very good.  While it was a little dry the fruit juice balance it perfectly.  It didn't taste like alcohol at all which can happen when there is gin involved.  This is definitely one to make again.

Ciao

Becca




10 comments:

  1. Becca,
    That sounds really good! I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for my own Bar-Aid and a muddler...ice in the shaker, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo good. Yes! ice in the shaker...forgot to add that part

      Delete
  2. Yum. I love muddlers and mortar and pestles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I have used the muddle more than I thought I would.

      Delete
  3. Yum...sounds good. I may be weird, but I love the icy coldness of a metal cocktail shaker in my hand almost as much as I love the drink inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...That does look tasty! I agree with Dana...those old metal cocktail shakers feel so good.


    Thanks for the shout out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! Me too...there is an art of making a cocktail!

      Delete
  5. The best part is you have all the supplies on hand. That makes drink lottery so much easier. I would have to start with a trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! The first 5-8 drinks I made from this thing always required a trip to the store...but I guess I'm building up a fully stocked bar since I'm making fewer and fewer trips. Of course I lucked out in having pineapple on hand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...