Friday, November 11, 2011

Mid Century Drink Day - Hot Buttered Rum

So since it is drink day and it is freezing outside (It is 43 degrees!  Yeah I know I'm a whimp) I thought I would try a hot drink.  It took a bit of flipping to find one, but I did!  Hot Buttered Rum.

( The downer to renting is granite counter tops.....Booooo!)


RECIPE: 1.5oz. Jamaica Rum, 1 sugar cube, 4 cloves, 1 pat butter.  Put all ingredients in glass, add boiling water.

Seems easy to me!
Here are all the ingredients

Now I just need that boiling water.  If you don't have an electric kettle, I highly recommend one.  Mr.Honey bought one and I sort of rolled my eyes at it thinking it would be just another gadget taking up space; But! turns out we use it quite frequently.

Electric kettle...brings water to a boil in 60 seconds!


Voila!

VERDICT: Not bad, I rather like it.  Warms you up quickly.  After making, I looked this drink up online and there are many variations.  Some use brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a medley of spices. (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg)  I think I might add some to see how it changes the taste.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becca

PS:  I just added all of the extras listed above...and this drink just became AMAZING!  Definite keeper.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...