Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Revitalize and Reuse

Have you ever had this LONG list of things you want to do….but you can never seem to get your butt in gear.  Ugh! That was me as of late, but not anymore.  I had this burst of energy and determination last week to get things done, so I have been methodically check items off my list since (I love lists).  Here is one of the things I completed this weekend that I wanted to share!

Sometimes I come across cool stuff while out thrifting but there are just some condition issue I can’t live with.  About a month ago I found this rather cool lucite ice bucket with lid, but it had an unattractive design on it.  Since the design looked plastic as well I decided to pick it up and hope I could get it off.



When I got home I tried to carefully scratch it off, but it wasn't working so well.  After a little research I found several sites that listed a product called Novus 123 as a good one to clean plastics (even cds).  So I ordered it from Amazon and in under a week it was on my doorstep.  Yay!


After about three minutes of rubbing it was starting to come off!

Tada!  All gone!

Once it was cleaned up I decided I would use it to hold my scarves.
 
So hope is not always lost when you find something flawed out and about.  I hope this is useful to someone!

Ciao 

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...